Thursday 10 September 2015

Nollywood Drama: Day Crazy Fan Grabbed My Big Boobs – Actress, Florence Johnson

Posted By: Yo Blog - 08:28:00

Share

& Comment

Long probing stares and subtle harassment from the opposite sex would be your regular menu if your are a Nollywood actress, Florence Johnson. Sometimes it gets uglier for the star actress of Shan George’s popular movie, Finding Goodluck. One embarrassing scene played out one day in full public glare when she attended an event in Eko Hotels and Suites.

On that dramatic day, “a male fan/ admirer suddenly held me from back- like trying to hug me from back-and his two hands were right on my boobs! I couldn’t see the face so I screamed and a security man held him off me.”

How did the Theatre Arts graduate of University of Ibandan react? How often does she find herself in such situations? The Kogi State born dark beauty answers it all and bares her mind over a wide range of interested subjects when she sat with Entertainment Express Newspaper.

Can you briefly give us an insight about yourself
I’m from Kogi State; the last child from a family of five. As a child, I was passionate about acting and that is the reason I ended up studying Theatre Arts at the University of Ibadan. I was born and bred in Lagos. I see myself as the girl next door. And most importantly, I’m a cool and easy going young lady.

How did your acting career start?


Acting started for me shortly after my graduation in the year 2011 through Henry Ejeta who I met when I was still in school. He and some of his crew members had come to show a movie in my department (Theatre Arts). Along the line, they encountered problem with their power generating set and out of my kindhearted nature I allowed them make use of my generator because I lived outside campus. At the end, he gave me his contact and promised to help me in the movie world when I’m done with school and that was what he did by introducing me to Chico Ejiro who gave me my first role. After that, I started going for auditions and here I am today! On the other hand, back in school, I was involved in a lot of stage productions. I was involved in Kongi Harvest written by Prof. Wole Soyinka, where I played the wife of Oba Danlola. It was performed in Abeokuta and Abuja. I was also involved in Who’s Afraid of Solarin, written by Prof. Femi Osofisan, and another one by Prof. Ola Rotimi. I did quite a lot of stage plays in while still in school. In Nollywood I have done a couple of great works some of which include, Finding Goodluck, Misery, Lekki Wives, Street Singles, Living Hope, Tales of Eve, So Wrong So Wright, Eldorado, Tinsel, No Where To Be Found, among others. But I’m still relatively young in the industry.

What quality of yours earned you your first movie job?

I wouldn’t really know about the quality. I was auditioned before the role was given to me. I can remember Chico Ejiro and Efe Damijo said I did well in the audition and that I look so innocent (Laughs). I didn’t know what that mean anyway!

Which of these movies gave you the big break?

I’m still waiting for a big break (Laughs). But I’d say it’s Finding Goodluck because it was my first major film and I got to play a lead role in it. It was a great feeling to play a lead role in my first major movie.

How did you secure the lead role in Finding Goodluck?

I secured the role by given my all in the audition. I’m sure you will understand what it means by flying down to Calabar for audition? I flew to Calabar for the audition and I had no choice than to give my all in order to secure the role and don’t come back empty handed to Lagos. I believed it was just God. The Production Manager recommended me to the producer and I was asked to come down to Calabar where the movie was shot.

Would you say your beauty also contributed?

(Laughs) Well I’d say yes in a way. The fact is that the producer was looking for a black beautiful lady with all the endowments, a resemblance to Mercy Johnson.

What kind of endowments? Are you talking about boobs?

Yes you are right! They were looking for an endowed sexy actress and I fit the picture.

In terms of boobs, lots of people compare you with Cossy Orjiakor, with some saying you are bustier than her; how does that make you feel?

I don’t want to be compared with anybody and obviously I don’t feel right to be compared with Cossy. Mind you I don’t have anything against her; I’ve met her in several events and we relate just as colleagues would but I just don’t want to be compared to her in any way! I’m me and I don’t intend to be compared to anybody.

But honestly, you are heavily endowed; how did you come about your busty boobs? Is it hereditary?

(Laughs) It’s a family thing so I’d say it is hereditary.

Most men can hardly get their eyes off you; how do you cope considering the fact that lots of them would want to ‘get down’ with you?

I cope well with my male admirers. Men are always men. The truth is that, even if I’m not in the movie industry men would still flock after me because of my look let alone being a movie star. I cope by dealing with them in a very polite way so I won’t be seen as being rude. And of course some understand and are mature enough to respect me. It’s just the best way to handle them and God has been giving me the wisdom to deal with them because you can’t also do without them.

What is the craziest thing a male fan or admirer has done to you?

Sometime last year, during the First Lady’s Advocacy For Women Empowerment at the Eko Hotel, a male fan/admirer suddenly held me from back- like trying to hug me from back-and his two hands were right on my boobs! I couldn’t see the face so I screamed and a security man held him off me. He wanted to prostrate in front of me saying he’s sorry that it was just an over excitement. He said he’s my friend on facebook and watches me on Super Story, Finding Goodluck, and that he likes what he saw. I was really embarrassed and I was like ‘God, is this what I’m in for?’

But how does it feel being well endowed?

Yea I’m well endowed and I feel right, cool and damn sexy with it but I’m not robbing it in people’s faces. I don’t have to expose it before you notice them because I have it enough and I’m not the only one to have that (winks).

The industry is highly competitive, how do you intend breaking into the A-list?

I intend breaking in by working hard, being myself and making sure I’m positively relevant. And most importantly, I’m not in haste to become famous, I believe it is a gradual process.

Have you ever been heartbroken?

Yes I’ve been heartbroken and it wasn’t an easy experience. But now I can boldly tell you that I’ve forgotten the experience because I’m totally happy now. The experience is now a past thing in my life so I don’t even want to remember it anymore. (Laughs)

Marriages, especially in Nollywood keep breaking up; as a soon-to-get-married actress what is your stance on divorce?

Marriages in every where hardly last, not just in Nollywood! People talk about Nollywood alone because we are in the public but the truth is divorce happens everywhere, everyday. I don’t believe in divorce; it’s never an option for me. I believe if you marry your friend then you will have less hassle in your marriage.

How does the lucky man in your life feel having such a pretty, busty and sexy lady like you?

(Laughs) Of course he feels great but you know it’s more than the physical appearance. I believe choosing a life partner be it man or woman should be more than physical appearance; it should revolve around character, level of tolerance and so on, not just the sexiness or handsomeness. So what I’m saying is that he feels great about me in person and not just about me being a sexy lady.

What attracts you to a man?

I get attracted to men with sense of humour. Basically, you must be a very neat man before I look at you.

And what do you hate about men?

I hate men that bleach and ‘womanize.

Have you encountered one before?

(Laughs)

Are there actors you look up to?

Yes I have actresses I look up to. Genevieve is my idol and Mercy Johnson is a big influence on me. I love and admire them a lot. They are my role models. Desmond Elliot is another fantastic actor I look up to.

What sex mean to you?

Sex? Hmmm! Sex is a big thing to me. To me, sex is not just something you do with anybody; it’s very spiritual so one should be mindful of who you have it with. It’s a strong bond between two people.

Does that mean you hardly have sex except you are in a relationship with the person?

Yes! I hardly have sex with anyhow persons. I don’t jump around because there’s more to that three or five-minute enjoyment. If I’m not in a relationship with you then I cannot have sex with you. I must feel something for you in the first place.

You are very close to Desmond Elliot; what is the chemistry?

Well, I met him for the first time during the premiere of Finding Goodluck. Desmond is someone I admire a lot. He is one of the few actors that have maintained his home for years and has also remained free from scandal. He is very intelligent and also friendly. Since we met, we’ve been communicating; he is also like a brother to me and also interested in my career.

Are you saying there is nothing else attached?

There is nothing attached to it! He is just a friend and guidance in my career. His wife is also my friend on BBM so noting could have been happening between us.

If you were to date anybody in the industry, who could that be?

Hmmm! I think that would be John Dumelo from Ghana.

Why him?

I love dark, tall guys. He is very cute, trendy and has a great physique. He is also very talented and real with his work (laughs).

In this present where world of homosexuality, there are lots of women who cannot get their eyes off a sexy and busty lady like you; do you also have female ‘toasters’?

No, but of course I have some female admirers.

None has ever tried luring you to bed?

Never! I’m praying not to encounter such.

But do you see anything wrong in lesbianism?

I don’t have any problem with homosexuality. If people in it feel is right then so be it; that’s their own life and I think everybody should have right to what he or she feels is good for him/her. I can’t judge or condemn them. But as for me I can’t get caught in the act.

Lots of movie buffs believe you are the bustiest actress in Nollywood; do you accept that assessment?

(Laughs) really? I’ve not heard of this before oh. But no, I won’t take that title. I think it’s a wrong assessment. I’m very sure there are many other actresses that are far bustier than I am. Mine is just a baby when compared with some other actresses that we all know. I wouldn’t want to mention names to avoid offending anybody. But I’m sure I’m not the bustiest in Nollywood.

About Yo Blog

Organic Theme is officially developed by Templatezy Team. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Yemi Oloyede's Blog

Designed by Templatezy & Copy Blogger Themes